Sanding Sealer

icetrey

I was wondering if anybody has just sanded down to the sanding sealer that's already on the guitar instead of sanding to the bare wood then applying sanding sealer? Would that not be easier, is there a reason for not doing that?

It's a Tom Delonge Signature Fender. Not sure when it was made, I just know they only made them a few years.

Sry, I should've put this when I wrote that other. Anywayz, I have a dent or a pretty deep scratch I need to fix. Will I need to go through the sanding sealer to get to where I can fix it? And what should I fix it with?

In that case, it's probably not too bad.

Anyway, it's pretty hard to sand through the sanding sealer, at least on the guitars I stripped down (both Asian tele clones--covered in that superhard plastic finish they use).

But that's a good thing, the existing sanding sealer gives an excellent base for your own paint/clearcoat.

Well, what's Racer X talking about with the superglue? I've never heard of anybody using that. Does it matter what kind of superglue? And if Racer X is the one answering this question do you know if my guitar's sanding sealer is polyurethane? Thanx.