Applause By Ovation

ToneMonkey

Well, it's a bit late to ask this question as I'm picking it up later tonight, but has anyone got an opinion on the Applause Guitars by Ovation?

I was just after a cheapish acoustic and picked this up for £95. I've read good things about them, but not had an independant opinion as it were. I've decided that I'll actually have a proper bash at learning the guitar as I've hardly played for years now and I was never that good to begin with.

Oh, I don't suppose anyone has some Matt Costa TABS do they?

Cheers guys

A newly tooled up Kaj :D

Well, it's a bit late to ask this question as I'm picking it up later tonight, but has anyone got an opinion on the Applause Guitars by Ovation?

Think it's all relative to cost, I'd say they're okay little guys for the money. I have a Ballideer (sp?) I adore but realistically it is not x10 a better guitar than what you've described (thou it's 10x the cost). :D

Edited by Gorecki

I have one - my wife got it for me for our anniversary last year. I've heard the love it or hate it comments regarding the sound but I like the sound of it just fine. I think its a matter of preference. Dimeola plays one of the higher end Ovations but he could make anything sound good. The only thing I will say is that it takes some time to get accustomed to the the bowl shape. It definitely affects the way the guitar sits.

Well, I picked it up and drove the girlfriend up the wall with the only 2 things that I could remember :D

Initial thoughts are that I like it. I'm just getting back in to actually playing again and it's more than good enough for what I'm after. Bowl back is a little funky as I generally play sitting down, but it felt quite comfy.

I wasn't expecting Takamine quality, but it's really not bad build wise. Sound is a little tinny but it's only got a small volume so that's kind of to be expected. As for plugging it in, I've lent my bro my amp and I'm not really good enough for anyone to actually want to listen, so leaving it acoustic is OK for me. Had a quick play through the sellers average amp and it was OK, not trouser wetting, but not bad.

All in all, I like it. I think it's good for the money and it's more than good enough for what I wanted. Looks sweet too. Here it is, the photo makes the body look a lot fatter than it actually is.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...:B:EOIBSA:UK:31

See you later guys :D

I have one. I lliked the sound of it through a PA. I used mine frequently at my church. I left it leaning against the sofa and one of my boys knocked it over. The neck body joint seperated. I epoxied it back together, and it happened again. It broke a little bit worse the second time. Now its sitting in the case waiting for me to get motivated to try and fix it again.