My First Project... With Pics

Man that is one seriously hacked body.Good to see that you are willing to put the effort into it.I also repair abused guitars for practice and experimental finishes.What finish do you plan for this? Rich :D

Man that is one seriously hacked body.Good to see that you are willing to put the effort into it.I also repair abused guitars for practice and experimental finishes.What finish do you plan for this? Rich :D

yea, the body was in really bad shape. I had to grind out some of the burned wood where the guy had tried to use a heat gun to strip the paint.

The neck should be here this week.

I'm doing the routing this week for the cavity filling, and hope to have that part done by the end of the week.

I'm still debating on finishes. I don't really want anything fancy, just a solid color, or maybe a matte finish. I still have a lot of research to do on finishes, so it might be a few more weeks before I get started on the finish. I'll definitely keep pics updated.

Rich... do you have pics of guitars you've repaired? I'll do a search and see what I can find.

Any suggestions on the finish for my guitar are welcome. There are so many things that could be done.