Hidden Decals Under Finish

On my cheap project guitar i discovered a hidden decal hidden in the neck. I used paint stripper to remove the paint and in the process the first decal came off but the paint didnt yet. i sanded the paint down a little with medium grit and letters appeared! The original decal was Hornsay and hidden under it was the decal BENSON! Obviously Hornsay must have stolen the neck and refinished it with thier decal to claim it 'thiers'. I wish i could take a photo but i have already sanded it down. Has anyone else found anything like this?

actually the company is under a few names but not under Benson i found out.

I have also heard that BC Rich has a 666 under it...

i bought this neck through esp clone for two hundred dollars at a music store i worked at. it was a flat grey color. well, i chip the paint by accident a couple of weeks later. underneath this crappy color was a real esp horizon custom in a black and red crackle!!! the clown painted over the original clear coat. i ended up selling it for like 1000 dollars a couple of years later. man i miss that guitar :D

• 1 month later...

i bought this neck through esp clone for two hundred dollars at a music store i worked at. it was a flat grey color. well, i chip the paint by accident a couple of weeks later. underneath this crappy color was a real esp horizon custom in a black and red crackle!!! the clown painted over the original clear coat. i ended up selling it for like 1000 dollars a couple of years later. man i miss that guitar :D

I picked up an Ibanez RG570 that way for $80. It had flat black paint all over EVERYTHING; body, neck, trem, knobs, etc.

I initially thought he had sanded everything before he painted, but was pleasantly surprised when I was able to strip off all the spray paint to find a completely decent guitar underneath. I ended up using some of the parts for a project and selling everything else. The Super Wizard neck alone netted me almost 3 times what I paid for the whole guitar.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...