Ibanez Problems

I need help :D

i have a new (bought it on the 8th of April) Ibanez grg170 and i seem to be having trouble with the Low E and A string.

Low E will buzz on every fret between 7 and 20 and my A has small ammounts of buzz on these notes too.

I have tried adjusting the saddle height with no success :D

I have placed a capo on the first fret but the buzzing is still present which leads me to assume its either intonation or i can't adjust the saddle for sh*t.

Btw, its the crap version/worst $400 guitar ibanez have, it utilizes a FAT10 bridge (stupid floating crap).

I guess i kinda answered my own question :D

Any extra help ??

B)

i have a new (bought it on the 8th of April) Ibanez grg170 and i seem to be having trouble with the Low E and A string.

Low E will buzz on every fret between 7 and 20 and my A has small ammounts of buzz on these notes too.

I have placed a capo on the first fret but the buzzing is still present which leads me to assume its either intonation or i can't adjust the saddle for sh*t.

Intonation being out shouldnt make an instrument buzz. Sounds like something funny going on the bass side of your neck. How low is your action? Note that if your action is very low then bass strings will be the first ones to start buzzing. If buzzing continues with a higher action then id be looking at the neck....first thing id check is neck relief and trueness. If youre not sure how to adjust a truss rod then take the instrument to someone who does.

Cheers Martin

Intonation being out shouldnt make an instrument buzz. Sounds like something funny going on the bass side of your neck. How low is your action? Note that if your action is very low then bass strings will be the first ones to start buzzing. If buzzing continues with a higher action then id be looking at the neck....first thing id check is neck relief and trueness. If youre not sure how to adjust a truss rod then take the instrument to someone who does.

Cheers Martin

I fixed most of the buzz by changing the action (i still get small ammounts if i play harder).

Cheers for the help!

I fixed most of the buzz by changing the action (i still get small ammounts if i play harder).

Cheers for the help!

Seems to me if it's a new guitar, it's just in the process of getting acclimated to its new home --did you buy this locally or through the mail?

Did you check the relief on the guitar? It may just need its truss rod tweaked a bit, then you'll be able to get your action down low again.

Cheers for the help!

Seems to me if it's a new guitar, it's just in the process of getting acclimated to its new home --did you buy this locally or through the mail?

Did you check the relief on the guitar? It may just need its truss rod tweaked a bit, then you'll be able to get your action down low again.

Bought it locally. The relief seems fine but i may re-check it just in case.

Cheers for the help!

Sounds like the guitar wasn't set up too well when you bought it. Were did you buy the instrument.... if you dont mind me asking?

Cheers for the help!

Sounds like the guitar wasn't set up too well when you bought it. Were did you buy the instrument.... if you dont mind me asking?

Ibanez Guitar Centre.

I'd definitely take Mickguard's suggestion and check the relief. To check it accurately use a long straightedge and a feeler guage set to check the amount of space between the top of the fret and bottom of the straightedge. You will want to measure the one that has the most gap, usually from the 7th fret to 10fret, to get an accurate reading of the neck. A range from .004" to .012" is generally acceptable. On a guitar that has a highly accurate fretjob, you can even get away with no relief (.000) at all. Anything more than .012" would make for a hard playing guitar.