Filtertron Routing Dimensions?

This kind of pickup?

The link gives the measurements for the pickups. Doesn't say if there are rings for them though--but this picture of a Duo Jet definitely shows rings.

In which case, you have more flexibility in routing--especially since those rings are nice and wide. Looks like the pickups tend to stand proud of the body, but I don't see why you can't route out for the full height of the pickup and spring/screw assembly. That way you'll be able to adjust the height to where you need it.

If you have the pickups, you can take your own measurements. If you don't have the pickups, you really should wait until you have them ---design the guitar around the hardware, that way you won't have any nasty surprises about fit.

If I'm not mistaken those PUPs are for a archtop and more or less rest ontop of the top and are held in place with the rings. But I'm far from sure.

If I'm not mistaken those PUPs are for a archtop and more or less rest ontop of the top and are held in place with the rings. But I'm far from sure.

Well since he's talking about the TV Jones, I'm assuming he means the floating type and not the toaster type (I think the toasters are Dearmonds?).

The new Electromatic Duo Jets use toasters (i.e., they don't float in the rings)--except the pickups are recessed into the body --looks awful. Like they just didn't think things through --the neck pickup especially just looks all wrong.