Little Magnets For Pup Builders

ToneMonkey

Hey guys,

As I know there are a few pickup builders and people like ansil who make electrical gubbins from spare bits I thought that I'd post this.

As I've cabbaged my knee and it's always causing me trouble, my lovely girlfriend keeps comming home with things from the chemist to try an ease the pain a bit. Anyway, last night she came home with these little plasters that have a magnet in (well about 5mm wide and 3mm deep - I'll get an accurate measure when I put some new one's on). The first thing that I thought of when I saw them was "I bet Ansil could do with a few of those for something" :D

Just thought I'd let you know as they look like they could be useful for something. Oh, they did actually seem to help the pain a bit too :D

There are bunches of 'magnet shops' that sell disk and square (rare earth and ceramic, mostly) magents. Several in Germany, a few in the UK, quite a few in the US. Cheap, too. I'm gonna get some to hold control cavities on. Don't like screws much, see.

I have an electric toothbrush which uses magnets to drive the head - the motor is sealed in the handle to make it waterproof, and the motion is transferred to the brush head magnetically. Everytime you replace the head you get 2 impressively strong magnets, about 3x7x1mm. I plan to use them for covers soon, should look great with grain matched wooden covers.

For online sales, I kind of like ALL magnetics and Gaussboys. The first has a pretty large minimum order, and yes, that is the real name of the second.

There are bunches of 'magnet shops' that sell disk and square (rare earth and ceramic, mostly) magents. Several in Germany, a few in the UK, quite a few in the US. Cheap, too. I'm gonna get some to hold control cavities on. Don't like screws much, see.