How Bad Does This Damage Look?

mailman

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

thinking of making a bid since its USA and all

but how does this damage look to you pros who deal with this more often than someone like me?

I'm no pro, but I'd think if it's holding now it'll probably hold a year from now. It'd be nice if they'd refinished the guitar after the repair so it wouldn't be as noticeable. In any case, the break is in front of the scarf so it can probably be re-scarfed with a new headstock in the future if needed. At least they didn't just cut the neck off and try to turn it into a set-neck kludge. :D

If it was in really bad shape you'd see big open cracks from the neck being under tension.

I doubt if you had to redo the head that it would be very expensive if you do most of the work yourself. All the hardware is there.

Like crafty said, worst case scenario is you'd have to cut off the hurt part and put a new scarf on.

Im not so sure that the wood is really cracked It looks to me like its mostly the Clear thats cracked with a bit of a gouge in the wood from where it took the hit, I would buy it sand the clear off the neck check out the damage and reclear it

!!METAL MATT!! :D