New Strats W/ Push Vol.

skatz

are you meaning push pull pot on the volume? The S-1 is like a little button where the top of the volume pot actually depresses into the knob and is activated in a push push manner.

Thought they were pretty new... but hey might be mistaken.

S

:D

its been around for a few years now, basicaly it make your strat sound like it has humbuckers, the affect of this is more tone based however, by that i mean it sounds like a humbucker but doesnt really increase the output level

the s1 system simply chnages how the p/u's are wirred eg in series, the p/u used are the s/c noicless by fender there dual coil designed similar to that of kinams

That is it. I think its pretty cool. its nice to see that fender is still trying new things even after all these years. Ill try it out next im in now. (dont worry I wont be buying unless I find a million dollars on the way there)

I thought having those on Strats were something that happened within the past year. I know that Fender basses have had them for quite awhile now (I think thats where they started the S-1 switching, although I may be wrong).

my strat has the s-1 switching and I really like it. mines a H/S/S though. adds alot more variety to the type of tone you can get. one thing I wish it did is split the humbucker and just use one coil at the bridge spot with the button in. as is bridge position for the switch is the same regardless of the button.