Bridge Height Of The Nashville Tom Bridge..

Hello,

Does anyone here know the bridge height for this bridge

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailp..._and_Parts.html

I am building a guitar that i want to put a tune-o-matic bridge in and i want to go wtih this one. But i wanna know the specs before i buy it. Unfortunatly stewmac dosnt seem to tell that detail (not sure why they would leave that out). If i had to guess, i would guess its around .6 in or so based on other TOM bridges, but i want to be sure. I emailed stewmac as well, but i figured i would try and get answers from 2 places. Thanks!

i see what your saying.. I just wanna be sure that my lowest point is lower then i want it to be so i have to raise the action up. On the last guitar i built i calculated wrong so the bridge height at its lowest point was just a bit higher then i like my action... but luckily the guitar was for my dad who plays with slightly higher action then me so it wasnt fatal. This guitar however is going to be mine so im measuring 100x cutting once. This is also my first time messing with neck angle and glued in necks. I have done straight and bolt ons up until now. Also maybe you can help me with this too while were at it. Im doing a glued on neck with an angle, but it is to be a flat body, not carved top. DO you know the best way to handle that? Do i just make the tenon as wide as the fingerboard and taper it as i would on a bolt on? or is there another way.

I think if you called stewmac they'd gladly tell you the exact height. I have a bit of free time and some spare patience though, so I went and pulled out an lp I built a while back. Anyhow, the nashville on that guitar is the same one you're looking at and when bottomed out, the high D and G saddles are 3/4" from the face of the guitar.

As for the neck pocket: You can make the tenon just as you would a bolt on. However, take extra care when making your routing template to insure that it's very, very tight. I doubt you're at a point where you want a bulky neck angle/pocket jig lying around, so your best best is probably to make your template wedge shaped, to account for the neck angle. You can do this by either using a wedge shaped board for your template, or by propping your template up on one end as to get the right angle.

peace,

russ