Hi All,

This is the best place I've found for getting into guitar building so I joined and donated. Hopefully I'll get downloads access soon.

We'll I'm 50 this year and started playing back when when I was in 7th grade around 1969, lots of great music back then to listen to and play. And it's still what I listen and play to most ... but I have evolved a little, especially when SRV came on the scene. Blues will always be may favorite, but the Allman Bros. and Tull are also on the top of my list.

Anyway I live in Rochester, NY and have all my life, Married 20 years with 3 kids almost starting college for the oldest. Love to Flyfish and hunt as well as playing guitar. Been doing some woodworking the last few years as well.

My intent is to learn as much as I can so both my youngest brother and I can build guitars. Initially electric and eventually acoustic. I have quite a few tools and have been reading about this for several years and now its time to start, especially since my brother wants to do this together. We fish together, jam together and get in trouble to gether so this should be a perfect adventure.

Hopefully my background should help a little.

After high school I got into a tool room as an apprentice and eventually became a mold/toolmaker. I also did a fair amount of machine building. This I did for about 20 years and eventually went and got an engineering degree. I dont know why because I miss the trade. So for the last 15 years I've been doing design engineering. First for a goverment facility and now for a large corporation. Spend most of my day designing on CAD system which should be useful in Lutherie. I can't tell you how many CAD designs of guitars I've done in the past. And I'm hoping to do some 3D solid model of some Gibosn, PRS and others in the future. Maybe I can share this with the members or offer help.

So, hopefully within a week or so we can order up some materials to make 2 identical LP fascimiles and order some tools we don't have like a band saw. Pretty sure we are going to make one of those copy carvers unless someone suggests differenty.

Thanks for having me!

Spike

My biggest regret ... back in the late 70's I owned 2 Les Paul, a Black Beauty with 3 hums and a Sunburst Standard. I can't remember what I did with them, other than sold them cheap. Stupid Huh?

Welcome aboard! I'm fairly new to this board but I'm glad I found it. There are some great people here with a great deal of knowledge and experience. Its a fun bunch and I wish you the best with your projects.

Hey Spike!

Welcome aboard-- it sounds like you have a lot to offer, yourself. Are your CAD drawings of existing guitars, or original designs? Any ideas what you want to do as a first project?

Too bad about the Black Beauty. The good news-- three-pickup LPs are nasty anyhow. :D

Greg

Hey thanks,

My CAD designs were mostly copies, but they are long gone. Hoping to get some drawing or CAD files and make some more soon.

I think were are going to make a couple of LP's , one for each of us.

Spike

Edited by Spike1956

Hello Out There,

allow me to introduce myself. My name is Rich. I am new to Project Guitar.com as of April 2006 and I have to say this website Kicks my Ass!!

I am currently designing & fine-tuning the details of my soon-to-be Custom Superstrat Electric Guitar. I was already in the process of designing my custom guitar when I stumbled on this website & I haven't left it for the past two months! I love it!!, & I have been checking out all of the How-To Projects info & all the seemingly endless links. Incredible!!

I hope to become an active member & participant in your community of Guitar enthusiasts. I currently own 12 guitars & soon I will be copying all of my guitars and remaking them with my special mods & upgrades thanks to your website.

I hope to contact & network with all of the local Project Guitar members in the New York City & Tri-State area. I am currently getting all of the proper tools of the trade (Craftsman 1 H.P. Industrial Router-Check!, Dremel 395 with Flex-Shaft-Check!, Tablesaw- Still Pricing, Belt Sander- Still Pricing, ...) & I hope to make my own Templates & Plans of my own guitars & those of my friends & their friends who are all peforming guitar & bass players in local bands.

If anyone has any suggestions on who to go to to network & trade plans, templates, How-To tips, Shop Set-Up tips, whatever, by all means, get back to me.

Also, as I said earlier, I currently own 12 guitars & I am willing to allow anyone in this community access to them to copy & trace their own templates, take measurements & make their own plans & take digital pictures of them. Hopefully some of you can help me out, and don't mind letting me make my own templates & taking measurements to make plans of your guitars.

Anybody Up for that?, then Get back to ME!! Lets Rock!!!!! :D