1 Meg Volume Pot

Stiffy

Would a 1 meg volume pot actually work out on a strat that has 1 noiseless single coil and 2 stock singles?

I went from a 250k pot to 500k volume pot and liked the results, but I was wondering if a 1 meg will even beef up the sound more or would it be just some over the top crap sound?

I think teles have 1 meg volume pots... or at least some old ones did

Well it will work... again you might get ever-so-slightly more high frequencies, but not much scope for varying the volume.

I have a 2 meg pot on one of my guitars because the original was crackly and it was all I had to hand. My ears cant detect any change in sound.

it only really affects the volume between about 1-2, and then for 3-10 it just sounds the same.

Changing the tone pots for a higher value would also brighten the sound.

Well it will work... again you might get ever-so-slightly more high frequencies, but not much scope for varying the volume.

I have a 2 meg pot on one of my guitars because the original was crackly and it was all I had to hand. My ears cant detect any change in sound.

it only really affects the volume between about 1-2, and then for 3-10 it just sounds the same.

Changing the tone pots for a higher value would also brighten the sound.

So there is no more noticeable gain for increased artificial harmonics like from a 250k to 500k that I already did on my strat?

When I changed the pot I wasn't listening out for any change in sound so I didn't notice any. Now I cant remember what it sounded like before, so I cant really comment

pots are funny beasts for those of us who can still hear the high freq the difference between 500k and 1 Meg is un holy in terms of the brightness. firgive my tyi[eing i have a cut finger.

ed