Paduok body...

I honestly have no idea, since I've never owned/built one, but I have used Paduak before, just not for an entire solidbody, and it is in the 'oily' woods family, meaning it would be on the heavy side and you'd have to be careful about what finish you used for it.

Paduak (at least mine did) has some pretty large pores to fill, but it can be rather pretty wood.

I have a Paduak neck from Warmoth that is quite nice tho.

In my investigating, it seems that Paduok is a bit like rosewood, which (with my neck combo) means nearly all rosewood. But before I worry about the finish, I'd like to know what the tone and the attack would be like (e.g. bright? avg? dark? sharp? rounded?)

It is semi-hollow, so weight is not an issue.

My first guitar is a solid paduok SG junior with a few tweaks - see below.

It is fitted with a Kent Armstrong Mutherbucker, comprised of two cool rail singlecoil sized humbuckers. I'm only using one of the cool rails which I'm led to believe have a character similar to a PAF. With this setup it's very balanced, pretty thick sounding when distorted, and smooth with quite responsive attack when I roll back the volume to clean up. I think the natural sound of the paduok is pretty bright, since I found the mutherbucker a bit muddy in a mahogany SG it used to live in, but very nice in the paduok guitar.

Even if you're going semihollow, expect a weighty guitar - mine weighs a ton despite some chambering on the bass bout.

m2721931-7304.jpg