Noiseless Vintage Single Coils

Stiffy

• 2 weeks later...

I put a dimarzio solo pro in bridge on my strat I like it, but it cost like $60. Are there any cheaper ones out there that I can put in the middle and neck?

Try the GFS boutique vintage staggered (middle pickup reverse wound ) pickups. Very good for the money! Available at guitarfetishparts

I put a dimarzio solo pro in bridge on my strat I like it, but it cost like $60. Are there any cheaper ones out there that I can put in the middle and neck?

Try the GFS boutique vintage staggered (middle pickup reverse wound ) pickups. Very good for the money! Available at guitarfetishparts

Guitar fetish is a great site, but the last time a checked they didn't have stacked vintage single coils.

The reversed wound middle single coil isn't a noiseless pup. What it does is when switched in the 2 and 4 position offsets the polarities of the bridge and neck positions resulting in hum cancellation.

When I put a stacked dimarzio in the bridge. The reversed wound middle pickup will now only cancle hum in the 4th position between the middle and neck.