Planning On An Amp Case

Hughes

Hey, Im planning on making a nice maple amp but am also planning on buying a pre-assembled chassis + Electronics (don't feel like risking my life yet).

theres one Randall on ebay going pretty cheap

http://cgi.ebay.com/Randall-Bluesman-proje...1QQcmdZViewItem

but is there anywhere else I can find a good, cheap assembled chassis thats quite loud?

Thanks

I'd just pick up a decent used tube amp that's functional but has the ripped tolex, missing handles, scuffs and dings of road wear. You can often find them relatively cheap. I've picked up older used Fender Bassman heads and combos for relatively cheap from the local music stores; still playing great, but in bad cosmetic condition. Put them in new cases, tweaked a few things here and there and played them for a while before turning around and selling them. If you're not comfortable doing the electronic work, make sure it's in working condition before you buy, but I would say the best bet for a project like this is to buy used. I find used music stores, and often yard sales and thrift shops are the best bet, eBay gets pricey some times and shipping is a pain.

I actually pulled an old tube amp out of the dumpster by my house once, so you never know. (Although that needed a fair amount of work to get going again)

thanks. Im comfortable tweaking n' such to make it work, but i dont want to mess with the power supply.

On a side note, does anyone know if Marshal Valestates are any good? I found one at a pawn that i could snag

On a side note, does anyone know if Marshal Valestates are any good? I found one at a pawn that i could snag

Yep, and he has a good reputation from what I've read. The only downside is the whole shipping from South East Asia.

GBT

Hey man, if the Gap can import my madras shorts from Vietnam and sell them for only $100 a pair, why can't we get a quality, cap-for-cap, tube-for-tube replica from Thailand for less than that?