Two New Guitars

Thought I would post pics of a guitar I recently completed. It is a Spruce/Sapele small bodied acoustic with zircoted bridge and fingerboard, paduk and holly rosette, and holly binding:

IMG_0217_1.jpg

Paduk and Maple Headstock

Paduk and Holly Rosette

Zircote Bridge

Ribbon Sapele Back

Holly Binding with Died veneer Purfling

Here is an electric I built at the same time. It is a flat top, single cutaway with an ash body and a maple top.

IMG_0216.jpg

Full Guitar

Great job! :D I like the acoustic, especially the sapele back, that's some nice wood you got there. And the electric is cool too, it resembles a les paul but has subtle differences that make it a little more unique. I only have one question....why did you make the inlays like that? The double dots at unusual spots would confuse me. :D

Great job! :D I like the acoustic, especially the sapele back, that's some nice wood you got there. And the electric is cool too, it resembles a les paul but has subtle differences that make it a little more unique. I only have one question....why did you make the inlays like that? The double dots at unusual spots would confuse me. :D

Yeah, they kinda confused me too :D I dunno, call it boredom! Just wanted to play a little. Notice that I went with NO face dots on the acoustic. I guess I am just going to have to learn how to do inlay if I want more creative fingerboards in the future, I'm running out of dot permutations!!! B)

Yeah, I did notice that the acoustic doesn't have any dots. You like challenges when you play the guitar, huh? :D Well, congrats on the great builds, and congrats on your ability to play guitars without inlays (I never could....). :D