Copper Sheiding - Another Source

ToneMonkey

I was going around the garden centre the other day picking up some stuff for the garden and I stumbled across some adhesive back copper tape. It's comes as a roll of 4m of tape that is about 25mm wide. It's supposed to keep the slugs off my basil and rocket and to be fair, my greenery is looking slug free :D It cost me about £4.

It's a bit of a pain in the arse trying to stick it on with out creasing it, but I'm sure it can be done (not around funny shapped pots though).

Kaj :D

I've tended to use this stuff - actually got 2 roll's from my local B&Q 3 or 4 years back - and i find it actually easier to use than the sheet stuff that i always end up sticking to itself, myself and every screw or sharp mettallic offcut that i've ever dropped in a 100 yard radius although i do have to admit that my Basil is looking fairly unhealthy nowadays :D

Jem :D

I remember there was a topic a while ago about making your own shielding paint, this just reminded me about it. If you find a factory making carbon brushes(for electric motors) they have so much carbon filings that they give it away free in big bags. Just mix it 1/2 and 1/2 into a thick paste. Over a 1m length you should be able to measure about 100 ohms.