Glueing On A Top Help

ok, I feel a little silly for asking, but I could use some help. I've checked some books, but haven't found anything helpful. I've glued on two tops. I did My second one yesterday. Both times the top shifted and is now off center. Not a big deal on the latest one since it is going to be painted. I used screws the first time and yesterday I tried brads to hold it line it up. Could someone give me some proper steps to avoid this?

Thanks

ok, I feel a little silly for asking, but I could use some help. I've checked some books, but haven't found anything helpful. I've glued on two tops. I did My second one yesterday. Both times the top shifted and is now off center. Not a big deal on the latest one since it is going to be painted. I used screws the first time and yesterday I tried brads to hold it line it up. Could someone give me some proper steps to avoid this?

Thanks

Could you take a picture showing your clamping method? That would probably help us give better advise.

Peace,Rich

You can always use staples the same way that you would when gluing down a fretboard. Use a staple gun and fire a few staples in to the body wood in areas that will not have a router near them. Make sure the staples stick a little prone and cut off the piece that connects the 2 legs. This will give the top wood something to grab onto and keep it from slipping when you start clamping.