Acg Recurve 4 For Shaun

:D:DB):DB)

And if the forum would allow me to post more than 5 of those smilies you'd have more.

That really looks fantastic!

I'm looking forward to seeing the camphor burl one when its fully completed too.

(PS. too many images- you'll get in trouble!)

Hi Ben

Thanks for the kind words.

The pictures are hosted elsewhere so I hope it will not be a problem. I can't seem to find the rules with regard to posting pics.

Cheers

Alan

:D:DB):DB)

And if the forum would allow me to post more than 5 of those smilies you'd have more.

That really looks fantastic!

I'm looking forward to seeing the camphor burl one when its fully completed too.

(PS. too many images- you'll get in trouble!)

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=11235

the rules are there- there not exactly easy to find because theyre in one of the more obscure areas of the forum.

Even though you have hosted them on your site I think its still not allowed- everyones pics here are externally hosted, since theres no way to upload them to the 'forum server' as there is at the MIMF.

You could post one pic them use thumbnails for the rest though.

Looks great. I like the oil finish; how does that stand up for you? I can't recall you ever using any spray on clear coats, am I mistaken in thinking you've not used them at all?

As for the pictures, the rule is one image and unlimited links. However, there's been a trend towards using multiple thumbnails as opposed to one large image, which the mods seem to have no problem with.

peace,

russ

Hi Russ

I have used an oil finish on this bass and the Skelf guitar because that is what Shaun wanted.

The oil not being a hard cover means that if you ding the bass it is the wood you are denting but if you scratch the oil finish it is very easy to repair. So as with most things there good points and bad.

I usually spray AC laquer which is what I have used on most of my instruments. Most of the instruments in my prototype gallery basses and guitars are sprayed with lacquer. The Recurve bass with the camphor top will be sprayed with 50% sheen lacquer on the body and headstock with 20% sheen on the rest of the neck.

Cheers

Alan

http://www.acguitars.co.uk/galleryitem.php?ID=85

http://www.acguitars.co.uk/galleryitem.php?ID=84

Looks great. I like the oil finish; how does that stand up for you? I can't recall you ever using any spray on clear coats, am I mistaken in thinking you've not used them at all?

As for the pictures, the rule is one image and unlimited links. However, there's been a trend towards using multiple thumbnails as opposed to one large image, which the mods seem to have no problem with.

peace,

russ