My Current Neckthru Project

I have recently started my neckthru project, and should have some more pics up soon. It is maple and swamp ash, and I am building it without a router or bandsaw, so it should prove interesting. I plan on filling the grain black, with a transparent blueburst like on Guitarfrenzy's site. I would appreciate any constructive criticism, comments, wisecracks...

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/spanky_band/..._band/my_photos

Looks nice. You seem to know what you're doing. No router? Are you going to use the drill/chisel techinique instead? I don't have a router, so I'll keep watching this project to see if I can learn anything. Good luck. :D

Nice project! Is this a carve top?

For the body shape. That top horn looks much too thin to be a PRS, is that what you intended?

Can you give us some specs?

How thick is the guitar? 24 or 22 frets (I'm always interested to know the # of frets in PRS's).

If I remember correctly, this is your 2nd guitar?

Keep up the good work!

For the truss rod slot I used a table saw, and I plan on doing the drill and chisel tequnique for the pickups and controls since they will have a cover.

This is sort of my second and a half guitar. THe body style was originally going to be modeled after one that Jeff Miller made, but is for some reason no longer on his site. However it doesnt look much like it. It is a 24 fret, with total access, so the neck will look a little long. It isnt quite a carved top, and i do not intend it to be, but it isnt quite flat. Its sort of a round top i guess.

I already have a PRS custom 22, so theres no need to copy that :D

Thats looking great. I'll definatly be keeping an eye on this build is I'm actually working on a neckthru right now without use of massive tools. Our plan was to cut out the horns and then glue the wings, and to see someone on PG do the same gives a good feeling. Keep it up man.

Just a few question, for the pups caveties and the control area will you be using a columndrill or just a hand one? And how are you going to do the wiring 'tunnels' for thepickup wires?

Thanks.

Thats looking great. I'll definatly be keeping an eye on this build is I'm actually working on a neckthru right now without use of massive tools. Our plan was to cut out the horns and then glue the wings, and to see someone on PG do the same gives a good feeling. Keep it up man.

Just a few question, for the pups caveties and the control area will you be using a columndrill or just a hand one? And how are you going to do the wiring 'tunnels' for thepickup wires?

Thanks.

As of now, I'll be using a hand drill. I've got one pickup cavity dug out, and I've started the control cavity. I will try to post pics today. As for the wiring tunnel, if I cant squeeze a drill bit in the pickup cavity to go to the other, I may have to use an extra long drill bit, starting from the end.