Dent Removal

I have searched the board, but cant find anything about using an iron to remove a dent in the wood. Has anybody even heard of this, or am I imagining things? If anybody has experience, I would appreciate it if they shared it. Thanks!

If it's wood, then you can - yes. It's basically a method of using water and heat to expand the wood fibres in the dent. Use a wet tissue and a soldering iron. Works nicely on my natural oiled mahogany Explorer, which to be honest, dents whenever you look too hard at it. You may have to sand the swollen wood flat, and the finish (if any) way need retouching.

Sorry I haven't any links to a perfect solution, but this one works for me. YMMV.

Yes. Put a damp (not soaked) rag over just the dent (you don't want to swell the wood around the dent). Then touch the tip of the hot iron to the rag directly above the dent. That will create steam to swell the wood fibers in the dent and expand them back into place. You will probably have to repeat it a number of times to expand it back enough -- depends on how big the dent is. It actually works quite well if you are patient enough.