Manson Mattocaster-esque

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that side of the bridge isnt a circular cutout like the left hand side, it goes all the way to the end, so you can put the post anywhere along it. i put it there so the post wont foul on the high e saddle when the bar is depressed. i tested it before i did it and it works. it seemed odd to me too but there it is

Tabby, what the hell is that in your avatar? :D:D

the covering over the plastic was starting to come off, so i took it off, and before i cover it again, i had to take some pics. so here's a tease of what the things going to look like

pic 1

pic 2

and a couple of neck shots after a lot of sanding today. annoyingly, theres more figuring on the side thats not seen when you're playing. o well.

neck 1

neck 2

Edited by hooglebug

Well that neck looks SEXY :D BUT Your body routes leave me in a bit of shock B)

did you use templates at all? to tell ya the truth I think that it would be worth it to redo the Body at least Clean up the cavites and all, but thats just me

!!METAL MATT!! :D

if you're talking about the trem cavity, it is all straight and clean, just looks funny because of dark patches in the wood near the edges. if you're talking about the others, they look all wonky because the tape isnt right to the edges in some places. they are all straight and clean i promise

Not just the trem, also the Wonkey Pickup cavitys and odd looking neck pocket

!!METAL MATT!! :D

i finally got the pots from germany yesterday (got them from germany cos it was the only place i could find push/push pots) and lo and behold, the push/push pot was broken. either of the other two and i could have got them from anywhere, but now i have to wait for another one to come from germany. not only that, but they now dont have them in stock, so i have to wait god knows how long.

and then today, when i came to assemble the neck again (after respraying) i noticed that two of the ball bearings from the roller nut had disappeared. so now i have to get some ball bearings. 85p for a pack of 10, £5 postage. damn it.

i bolted the neck to the body for the first time with the body front exposed. i want its babies.

P9141158.jpg

uno with strat for size comparison