Manson Mattocaster-esque

while i wait for the damn pot to come, i finally finished my flying v! yay! iv had the fuzz factory for that away somewhere to be fixed because something went wrong with it. its been there for 6 months and nothing happened so i went and got it back and lo and behold i fixed it myself after some tinkering. iv been playing this guitar all day and i love it! it sounds much better than it did before. heres some before and after pics. and yes, i know, for most people theres too many controls and gadgets! but its mine and i dont care :D

before

after

Dscf1668.jpg

headstock

ff control plate

controls description

Edited by hooglebug

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa--cool V. I dig having all kinds of electronics and switches available on the guitar. I'm not sure how useful it will be live but it'd be awesome to be able to tweak my settings w/o having to reach for anything when I'm practicing.

After seeing Matt Bellamy play this summer i can tell you that he obviously finds it very usefull, i was in complete awe. Hooglebug, you have a lot of practicing to do.

I like the V and the placement of the FF is very logical for the guitar shape

Cool V !!

(did you get those brushed aluminium knobs from maplin btw :D)

indeed i did ben.

i was preparing myself for lots of 'theres too many controls!!!!' type posts. maybe they just didnt bother writing and pressed BACK in disgust.

logical frank - its not as difficult as you might think finding everything. once you get used to whats where its just like reaching for the pu selector or volume pot.

and i think its safe to say i wont be worrying matt bellamy with my playing skills any time soon!

I would just be worried about messing them up accidentally. Plus, I try to avoid having to do stuff w/ my hands other than just playing. I don't like to even switch pickups midsong if I can avoid it.

Also, you have the disadvantage of dropping such serious scratch on a Fuzz Factory and only being able to use it w/ one guitar. Still cool as hell though. I'm probably gonna be sticking a BYOC Tri-Boost into one of my fiddles. Or, actually, what I'd love to do is squeeze a delay in there since that seems to be the only effect I ever want to mess w/ on the fly while I'm playing.

the only thing about the fuzz factory is its so good to mess with while you're playing and it just seems to make sense to have it right there instead of having to bend down to mess with it. but i guess people could say that about a lot of effects. maybe for the next one i'll just stick a theramin in there! hehe

theres only a fuzz factory in there. if you look on the last page at the link 'control description' (or whatever it says) it tells you on there what everything does.

and just in case you dont already know stab and comp are fuzz factory controls

Edited by hooglebug

• 2 weeks later...

well the pot came, i wired it all up and its done. i think. i havent plugged it in to an amp yet so i dont know how it sounds (i may have wired the p90 wrong but it wont take two minutes to change that) but i know everything works. too dark to take any good pics so heres just a couple. more pics tomorrow!

P9291213.jpg

back

Edited by hooglebug

Well I hate to answer for Hooglebug but he used some sort of mirrored acrylic/plexi-glass or something for the top so it's not paint at all. A page or two in he shows how he bent it for the headstock.

yup its a purple acrylic garden mirror. thanks for the nice words guys, i'll get some better pics on sometime today

*EDIT* if anyone wants to see a couple of better pics iv foolishly put it on guitar of the month. what the hell, iv never entered before so why not eh?

Edited by hooglebug

• 1 month later...