Rondomusic

TGwaH

A good friend of mine has been big on the idea of the Agile Les Paul copies for a while now, and with all the links he's been sending me has me intrigued, so I've been doing some research. From what I've been able to gather, in terms of quality the only ones that are really worth a damn are the Agile LP copies... all others are, as I understand horrid.

However, here is where I run into the problem. Without actually being able to examine one of them, I have no idea what kind of plability/quality it has based on the reviews. For a larff, I headed over to the Agile Forums and I got exactly what I expected; a bunch of fan boys raving about their axes. It was almost like watching hardcore Star Trek geeks argue over who was better Kirk or Picard.

Then I did a search at The Gear Page, where I'm a newly registered member and found some positive mentions of the guitars but only in passing, and I'm afraid to make a post there, especially about this considering they have discussions surrounding Dumbles and boutique pedals I've never heard of, much less could ever afford.

A quick search via google of PG showed that Wes was definately not a fan of Rondo music.

So I throw this out to the good people of the community. Anyone play one recently? What did you think?

So I throw this out to the good people of the community. Anyone play one recently? What did you think?

It's just a brand. It's the same guitar as dozens of other guitars being churned out in China, Indonesia, or whereever. The factory offers different 'quality' levels, Rondo slaps different brands on there according to how much they pay, then they sell them for a 300 percent markup. Or more.

This is not to say that they're not okay guitars. They might well be (I've never actually seen one). But there's no reason that they'd be any better or worse than all the other knockoff brands out there.

I cannot stand Rondo Music, the store, & Agiles. Personally the only LP copy worth getting is the top of the line one, as it's got a REAL 3/4" maple cap (with a 1/8" flamed maple veneer over that :D ). They're just cheap money saving knock-offs. I've never enjoyed playing one of them, and i've been to the Rondo store a lot.

I cannot stand Rondo Music, the store, & Agiles.

I have an SX LP Jr type thing. I like it a lot. It's made pretty well, plays good, sounds good and I don't worry about banging it around because I can replace it no problem. :D

So it does appear to be a love 'em or hate 'em kind of thing. I suspected the dichotomy might have been as such, but still a little surprising.

Thanks for the input guys, now I've got some thoughts to mull over.

Thanks for the input guys, now I've got some thoughts to mull over.

In the end, I decided to hold off a little bit and get a better guitar. I figure by the time I swap out the pick ups in a Rondo guitar, I could have a fairly decent player anyhow.

As of right now, I'm really, really liking the look of some of the guitars by Reverend.

You can't go wrong with a Reverend. They are extremely well-built, great sounding axes if you want something a little different.

In a week, you could save up enough money for a Rondo and always wish for something better. In three weeks, you could save up for a guitar that's ten times better and enjoy playing what you bought.

In a week, you could save up enough money for a Rondo and always wish for something better. In three weeks, you could save up for a guitar that's ten times better and enjoy playing what you bought.

That's what I was thinking, and unlike Rondo, I can drive down to Reverend's number 1 store in Warren which is only about two hours from here and pick out the axe I really like.

It'll be a few months yet before I can swing one, but I figure come May I can pay cash for the whole deal with all the options I want.

Leader right now is looking like the Flatroc in Rock Orange with a LesTrem option. :D