Jump to content

Floyd Rose

Recommended Posts

hi everyone 2 questions I am thinking of having ed roman install a floyd rose on a guitar for me and first thing is on the locking nut I don't want it to be drilled all the way through the back of the neck I want it like those dean dimebag models so do I need to buy a special kind of nut to do so. 2 ed roman sells floyds and the information says that there original does this mean there from the early eighties or there just new floyds made to original specs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You want a Top-Mount nut. It is a different part than the standard bolt-through nut.

The Original Floyd Rose bridge is the original design from Floyd Rose -- i.e. it is the style of bridge not its age. Floyd Rose style bridges are licensed for manufacture from many other manufacturers as well, and they are all a little different.

And if you want some real advise, stay far away from Ed Roman and NEVER EVER give him any money. (In the spirit of not poking the bear, I will leave it at that. Do a search on any forum if you want to know why to avoid Ed.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...