Sg Copy

Hi,

i started my new project this morning. It is a copy of an sg. there's actually nothing really special about it. The specs are:

Standard Dimensions (Body, Headstock, Poti, Pickguard, aso.)

Body: mahogany - maple - mahogany - maple - mahogany

Neck: Set. Not sure yet about the wood. Maple or mahogany (What do you think??)

Hardware: Depends on how good the guitar turns out. :-) If its really great, i'll go for the best stuff i can get. If its suck, i might sell it on ebay.

Finish: Translucent Red

1.JPG

Picture2

Would be great if anyone could give me an advise where to get great finishes and epoxy filler in germany. Thanks a lot.

Helge

Nice lookin' body :D I really like the laminations, really neatly done!

As for neck wood I guess it depends on what style of music it will be used for and what pickups ect. will be used. Maybe a maple-mahogany-maple laminated neck to match the body? That would look cool I think.

What sort of tailpiece / trem system are you looking at using?

thanks, actually i did the lamination thing, because "the wings" werenot wide enough. looks really cool in my opinion.

well that makes it even cooler! :D it was a smart solution!

The bridge depends on the pickups. i thought about using p-90s...then i might go for the wraparound. otherwise tone-o-matic.

:D ah good sensible bridges not all these wobbly tremolo systems!

I like the sound of P90's for rock stuff!

It is a copy of an sg. there's actually nothing really special about it.

SGs are special! :D

Nice clean work on the lams, and that's nice straight mahogany. How thick is the body - photos play tricks sometimes but that looks thick for an SG.

A mahogany neck would be traditional, but Robert's idea of a mahogany/maple lam neck to match the body sounds cool.

You mentioned a pickguard. Seems that would cover up or detract from the laminations.

Rosewood fretboard?