SPECS:

Strings: 4

Scale: 34"

No. Frets: 24

Wings: zebrano

Neck-thru: maple

Pickups: EMG j-style

Fretboard: Wenge

Im currently doing the drawing and marking the wood so it can be cut.

I have all the current pictures up on my website and i will update it when i have more.

www.travisguitars.tagenmmorpg.com

Enjoy :D

Edited by travismoore

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, that is quite the coincidence, your bass is also a slightly similar shape to ours (what with the horns going in the same direction) that's really neat. so what pups are you going to put in this thing?

actually scratch that it looks like my Zebrawood Lado!

Edited by DanielM

• 2 weeks later...

hi, sorry there havnt been any updates yet thought i would say why.

I have been waiting for that malvyan hiscock "how to build electric guitars" book to arrive. which luckaly arrived this morning amonth before amazon siad it would yay =)

I have also orderd my wenge fretboard (CLICKY!)

which should be arriving soon hopefully =)

I have just been trying to find a place with a bandsaw so i can cut oout the body and neck easily.

I have also been trying to work how big the russ rod route will need to be but hopefully this book should help me with that luckly i do actualy have access to a router so i can get that done but i need to get it done because i cut out the neck.

About the truss rod, may i suggest you to put a hotrod from Stemac hot rod . You will be able to add more bow if your neck is too stiff and too straight. On a fretless, a straight neck can lack of sustain because the string do move freely. Unless you want to play with a high action, a little bow is desirable.

Philippe