Looking for a 7 string

antique_dream

Dude you got a good deal on it. Originally Guitar Center sold those for $999, so you probably got it below their cost. But I have noticed people aren't buying seven strings anymore, so the resale amount has lowered drastically and I've been watching those for the hell of it and they sell about $400.

As for the rarity, there was a S-series Sabre model (S540-7) that came out in 1991 in black and red and they made about 400 of them. They had the old square heels and it as a H-S-S pickup setup with the Edge tremolo. I know cuz I used to own a black one, but I cherished it too much and never played it. So I sold it on Ebay. Unfortunately a guy named Rich (you know who he is) sniped it at the last second and he got it for my starting price ($600) because no one bid on it. That my own damn fault for letting that happen. Now he's selling it on his website for $875. I kinda wished the buyer would be someone who would play it and cherish it like I did and not resell it, but I was able to pay for my Dual Recto Mesa head because of it so I can't really complain (even tho I sort of just did...oops). B) I have the orignal photos still so if you are interested in buying it from him let me know. Here are two of my original photos (kind big images--hope my bro in law doesn't wipe these off his drive) Pic1 pic2

The sabres are cool, but I don't miss it. It balanced a little weird on my beer gut. :D (I need to workout). But I have a beat up RG7421 that I bought to "use" when i had the S540-7 and it satisfies my once-in-a-blue-moon 7string needs. I think I played it once in the last year for 15 minutes. Good enough for me. Enjoy your new toy! :D