Check This Out...

After looking for a new supplier of wood, I happened across this place, and to my astonishment found out it is only about 7 miles from my new house. So I went down there yesterday, and was just absolutely blown away. Every kind of domestic and exotic hardwood you could imagine and the selections were just primo, with just about every piece kiln dried and surfaced on both sides. The pricing was also really good (compared to what I was spending in the past).

The owner came up to me (as I was looking through the ebony) and ask me If I was a guitar builder, He then showed me around the place and took me back to the area where he sorts the wood for ebay auctions.

He does pull alot of the better pieces for his ebay store, so he doesn't have to deal with complaints or returns. Every picture on the ebay store is the actual piece of wood you get if you win the auction or buy it now. Plus he will ship anywhere in the world.

heres a link to his site which has a link to the ebay store:

http://www.hardwoodlumberagent.com/

p.s. for those who like white limba he does get some nice stock in frequently....

that's a great find...looks like they have some very nice wood.

i just recently found a great supplier on ebay myself. i've purchased three different items from them..not for guitars but for my other wood art and i've never had faster delivery or better service. since i wasn't looking for guitar wood i really don't know if they sell wood appropriate for that use but they're worth a look.

http://stores.ebay.com/chits-exotic-hardwo...DME:B:FSEL:US:3

thanks for the heads up.

what's even better, is a Harbour Freight just opened a year ago about three miles from my house...and it is even on the way!

that's a great find...looks like they have some very nice wood.

i just recently found a great supplier on ebay myself. i've purchased three different items from them..not for guitars but for my other wood art and i've never had faster delivery or better service. since i wasn't looking for guitar wood i really don't know if they sell wood appropriate for that use but they're worth a look.

http://stores.ebay.com/chits-exotic-hardwo...DME:B:FSEL:US:3

thanks for the heads up.

Oh you found my source!

I have bought from Tom Hoag many times and think he is the best for most exotics. And, as you said he is a solid source for white limba/korina. I can't even imaging seeing the actual lumberyard . . . .

komodo

Score!

I've been there a couple of times, they have a pretty good selection. Every year I take the family out to W. MD on vacation, and I make a day trip. Their prices on tiger maple and zebrawood are especially good compared to where I normally shop. A couple of years ago I scored some 7" wide gabon ebony from them.

Having a place like that close to you is great. Not only do you save on the shipping, but you can hand-pick the lumber yourself for grain, runout, etc.