Deciding On A New Amp Rig...

mikhailgtrski

once on this site a guy(bear) built a combo amp...he simply took a behringer vamp pro rackmount,combined it with a power amp(rackspace) and built a box for it with speakers in it.it was a very nice job...

so recently i was thinking about this...i have a sansamp preamp...combine that with a power amp,a 30 band eq,and possibly an effects processor,then put it all in a box(closed back) with two vintage 30 speakers...and it might just make the most versatile little tone combo around...

so i think sometime this year that is what i will do....of course it will need some corpse logos or something to make it really cool

Well, FWIW - here's a little bashing and noodling and general slop... B):DiWatt demo

Inputs jumped, both @ 10

Bass @ 5.5

Middle @ 8

Treble @ 4.5

Presence @ 4.5

Master @ 9

RFT/Siemens EL34 (2 tubes pulled)

Siemens ECC83 @ V1-V3, Mullard CV4024 @ V4

Marshall 1936 cab w/ G12H-30 Anniversary reissues

Close-mic'd SM57 slightly off-axis

A wee bit of eq/compression/reverb added in ProTools

Warmoth PRS clone w/ SD '59 humbuckers + vintage singlecoil

A little experimenting with settings & mic placement would likely provide a better representation... along with a more qualified operator. :D

There's some hum/buzz on the brilliant channel that I have to chase down.

Mike

Thanks for the kind words, guys. :D I'll try tracking something a little more coherent... maybe when I re-learn how to play. :DB)

It really does sound much better in person. That was recorded with two tubes pulled, which is a little different sound than the full 100 watts. I have to use the loadbox for that, at least until I have a cab that can handle the whole smash.

Mike

• 2 months later...