Bass Through Guitar Amp

Inisheer

Sorry to ask this question again, it's been done many times by other people. I searched and found these two links in the forums- link and another link for reference. They seem to say that it is bad to play a bass through a guitar amp at high volumes. But I never play at high volumes. I only have a small 15 watt amp, and I never turn the volume past 3 on the knob. Does this count as low volume? Since it is pretty quiet, would it blow the speaker? Would it tide me over until I can get a bass amp, or should I not try it? :D If it did work, would it sound low like a bass, or would it be all trebly and sound bad? Sorry for all the stupid questions, any suggestions would be appreciated.

You probably won't much in the way of low end rumble, but it should be perfectly fine for low-volume practice.
Thanks for the reply. So does that mean that it won't sound very good? If there is no low end, that kind of defeats the purpose of getting a bass. :D

You wont get the "normal" low end your looking for

as the circutry is not the same as a bass amp

and the driver wont produce those kind of lows

you could get a "Woofer" to extend the range a little though

just match your impedance and go for a "higher" wattage and then you could crank it

and not blow anything and slap away without fear

:D English please. That's a lot of techinical talk that a loser like me doesn't understand. Hmmm....seems like I'd need to buy a "woofer" or something to make it sound good, which would cost money. The only reason I thought I'd use my guitar amp would be to save money, but I guess that idea won't work. Especially since I won't get the "normal" low end sound....I guess I'll just wait until I can get a bass amp...so I guess this thread was pointless. :D Sorry, and thanks for the replies guys.

You will be fine to practice on your guitar amp. It will work and you won't hurt anything if you don't blast the volume. It won't sound good but it will be good enough to practice on.

Spazzyone's suggestions would probably help you sound better but they're probably too much work and expense for a small gain. Any modification you make to a fifteen watt guitar practice amp is going to be attempting to polish a turd to a great extent.

"techinical talk that a loser like me doesn't understand"

first never call yourself a loser

this forum is for helping people to understand

Frank is correct that you can use it for practice

my suggetstions are like frank said it would help it to sound better

but if you only will be playing a bass through it. the woofer would be worth it

as you can get one for $10 bucks and for that ten bucks you will get more bass and a lot less treble

and you could play at a louder volume

and remember asking questions can only make you smarter