My First Build - Ken Lawrence Explorer

Rista

Ahem... so, here's a new guitar:

So you couldn't keep your hands away from it??

I'm very glad to see you back at it Rista.

Make sure to keep your progress pics coming!!

I'm just about finished with all my studio projects for now, just released an album a month ago, and another is scheduled to be released in late September,

so finally I can have some time to work on my own Explorer. It's been way too long since I touched it, but next week, I'm gonna get some work done!

Nice to have you back!!!

Cheers!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks man!

Hehe, yeah, I couldn't keep my hands away from it indeed :D I just had to give it another go and I did everything way faster than before. For some reason, it was a lot more fun as well. Could be because I didn't screw up anything :D

I thought you gave up on your project as you haven't updated your thread for a long time as well. Nice to hear that's not the case!

I have glued the neck in, drilled the holes for the switch and pots, installed the bridge and tailpiece and strung up the guitar. The neck feels nice and the guitar sounds good acoustically :D I also like the clean looking fretboard with no inlays.

Now that the neck is under string tension, I can see that very little fret leveling will be needed.

dsc02676yi7.th.jpg

dsc02677nk6.th.jpg

• 3 months later...