Ca In Larger Quantities

Vinny

I hope you're all doing good. I want to use CA as a grain filler but cannot find anything larger than those small 1 oz 'Crazy Glue' tubes. Where can I get a big enough amount to use for my guitar top? I see the 2 part clear epoxy packages around in sufficient sizes but never CA, is it under another name or brand and where is it sold? Thanks, Vinny

I hope you're all doing good. I want to use CA as a grain filler but cannot find anything larger than those small 1 oz 'Crazy Glue' tubes. Where can I get a big enough amount to use for my guitar top? I see the 2 part clear epoxy packages around in sufficient sizes but never CA, is it under another name or brand and where is it sold? Thanks, Vinny

CA does not build up very well as a grain filler. It does soak into the wood and can be a good stabalizer for burl or spalt. That is just my 2 cents. Other guys may have found it works for them. You can get larger quantity bottles at woodworking shops(like woodcraft and Rockler.).

Peace,Rich

I've found that CA works fine for grain filler, I've used it on Mahogony, Limba, Alder, you name it.

Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but it works fine for me.

Anyway, Home Depot has what you need. Look for this:

LOCTITE SUPER GLUE 'PROFESSIONAL'.

Comes in a 20 gram bottle, and is equal to Hot Stuff medium viscosity, same product basically.

You may need 2 bottles, or even more depending on how much surface you're trying to cover, and I use a plastic spatula (also home depot) to move it along, you get more use out of it by using some sort of scraper.

Typically 2 applications are necessary.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with Rich that there are many other ways to porefill, most of which are more appropriate than using CA, but for what I do, I prefer it most of the time.