All it means is that he put in his maximum bid and when someone else tried to outbid him, the system automatically stepped his bid until it reach his maximum. Looks like his max bid was outbid a few times and then he went back and upped his max.

I'd go ahead and contact him just because of the zero feedback just to make sure he's serious about the guitar and he understands that he's responsible for paying up.

link

6 hours left and 11 bids. But take a look at the bid history, this worries me. That guy cohrstrom has 0 feed back and it looks like he kept outbidding himself to make the price go higher :D Is this guy trying to scam me? Should I be freaking out?

my opinion is you shouldnt,on the last bid it looks like he outbided someone else,and on the previous ones it looks like it would be one of those automatically generated bids that just increase themselves after a certain period of time ,but i could be wrong,and about having no feedback at all ,i wouldnt see it as a bad thing necesarilly, we ve all been there once,like a said before i could be wrong ,and there is a lot of scam in this place too so ,it pays to be cautious.

whats happening is hes getting out bid, and instead of just bidding his max, hes bidding in incroments because he doesnt understand how ebay works yet.

look at the times hes bidding not the order.

he got outbid, then tried to outbid sherman, but shermans max price was higher so it didnt effect the timeline. Then he bid again two more times till finaly he beat sherman at 310

then sherman came back and bid again setting his max at 350

cohrstrom then bid 3 more times. untill he beat shermans price at whatever, he bid higher then 355 but you have it set to $5 bid incoments.

see on ebay, theres two ways to do it. One you set your highest price, say $355 and walk away. But people get bid happy and go to "win" over getting a good deal.

the second is to put your max bid in at the last possible second, leaving only you as the highest bidder, and not letting the other bidders see that youve bid in time for them to outbid you. this is called "sniping".

Id make sure to get his paypal info, and ONLY ship to a confirmed address. You are not covered by the sellers protection policy if you ship to a unconfirmed address.

Or you can accept money order or check, and only ship when they clear.

doesnt look like a bad bidder, just a newb.

whats happening is hes getting out bid, and instead of just bidding his max, hes bidding in incroments because he doesnt understand how ebay works yet.

look at the times hes bidding not the order.

he got outbid, then tried to outbid sherman, but shermans max price was higher so it didnt effect the timeline. Then he bid again two more times till finaly he beat sherman at 310

then sherman came back and bid again setting his max at 350

cohrstrom then bid 3 more times. untill he beat shermans price at whatever, he bid higher then 355 but you have it set to $5 bid incoments.

Thats what I thought. I was just making sure. I'll just be sure to be careful with this one.

Id make sure to get his paypal info, and ONLY ship to a confirmed address. You are not covered by the sellers protection policy if you ship to a unconfirmed address.

Or you can accept money order or check, and only ship when they clear.

doesnt look like a bad bidder, just a newb.

i just had this problem the bider did not understand that i would not ship untill confirmed

it took many e-mails and two phone calls before they contacted paypal to understand what i was talking about. a three day pain in the ass but it worked out ok

but Desopolis is right. send an e-mail to him and make sure he understands this

its your only protection

Edited by spazzyone