Fingerboard Troubles

cole

I just recently glued a new fingerboard on my strat neck and it seems the middle isnt completely glued tight. Its about .023 away from the neck. about a fret size. My question is what is the best way to heat the glue up and tighten the fingerboard or do I even need to if there isnt a big bow in the neck?

Plug-in iron + foil. Then use something kind of sharp or very flat (not sure what it's called, used often in non-guitar painting). Once the glue heats up, attempt to push whatever object beneath it, and keep pushing it forward as you heat the next section up. Should take a good 10-30 minutes. Remember, hot wood bends easily! Don't let the board change shape on you.

Plug-in iron + foil. Then use something kind of sharp or very flat (not sure what it's called, used often in non-guitar painting). Once the glue heats up, attempt to push whatever object beneath it, and keep pushing it forward as you heat the next section up. Should take a good 10-30 minutes. Remember, hot wood bends easily! Don't let the board change shape on you.

Yup, that's pretty much it. Only difference is I use a high power heat gun. Usually takes me about a half hour.