Installing Threaded Inserts

I'm about to install some threaded inserts in an Ibanez wizard neck, and a thought popped into my head: I don't know where the truss rod ends in this neck. I've installed inserts in a couple bass necks and a strat-style neck before with no problems, but I'm really attached to this neck and I want to make sure I don't hurt it.

Any advice?

Btw, I use these inserts in 10-32.

EDIT: I did a bit of research on the internet, and it seems that as long as I stay about 1/8" (plus a little extra clearance) away from the centerline of the neck, I should be ok. Does that sound about right?

Edited by fookgub

do the current screws go through the truss rod?....I would guess not, so providing that you stick to those locations I can't see a problem.

My concern is that the threaded inserts are about 7/16" in diameter, which is significantly wider than the screws.

do the current screws go through the truss rod?....I would guess not, so providing that you stick to those locations I can't see a problem.

My concern is that the threaded inserts are about 7/16" in diameter, which is significantly wider than the screws.

If you use the same center points as the wood screws, you should be ok. I am no expert, so you shuold wait for others that have actually built a neck. But I know a truss rod is not that wide..

Well, I installed the inserts yesterday and everything went fine. I guess the answer is that for typical neck installations, the truss rod shouldn't be a problem.