Resemble A Dimarzio X2n

Calavera

Hi, you guys!

I would wanna try to resemble a x2n humbucker. Correct me if I'm wrong on the specs.

Two blade polepieces and a Ceramic magnet. About 15,8kOhm resistance! But I don't know how many turns it should be on each coil. About 8000 turns or something?

Where can I find blade polepieces and bobbins in which they fit? Also I would want to know were to buy a Ceramic magnet. StewMac only sells Alnico5 magnets..

Thank you in advance!

Yeah, As i said i've never seen the blade type bobbins anywhere. but you can get ceramic magnets etc from guitarjonesusa.com. The bobbins from there are more expensive, but they have coloured slugs and pickup screws etc.

s

Thanks mate!

That's a good site!

Gah, I really don't wanna get in to producing my own bobbins. That takes to much time!

You could always just buy an X2N if that's really what you want. Chances are you won't be able to wind up a pickup that's as good for a while until you get a few under your belt.

It is just that some of my customers want that kind of hi-output humbuckers. I've only made singlecoils up 'til now and some PAF's but want to change or expand a bit. So it is not for my personal interest.