Fender Colours Help ?

criss

Hi

Was hopeing someone could spray some of there fender colours onto some paper or thin wood . Would send you out the money for postage and your time etc .

Mainly want them so i can get them color matched in Australia , have been buying re ranch but can only get this sent via shipping and its takeing ages to get here .

The more colors you can send the better , then i can keep these for future projects

As i said i don t expect this for nothing , i can send the money via paypal .

Cheers

Criss

Melbourne

Australia

I doubt anyone here could supply you with all those samples unless they work in the industry, either for Fender Corp. or Dupont. You would probably get better results by contacting Dupont directly with a list of those custom colors you'd like to copy. Maybe they could send you some samples of fiesta red, Lake Placid blue etc. that you could bring in for scanning by a local paint supplier for a possible match. You know that all the early Fender colors used were the exact same ones used by Ford and GMC at the time, right? For example, Lake Placid Blue was one of the original colors used on the 1957 Cadillac Brougham. So you might find what you need by approaching the issue from the automotive side and not the guitar side. :D You can find out what corresponding Fender guitar paint was used on what model and year of car here. There is a chart about 3/4 the way down the page. Its good reading.

I'm surprised that color codes in Australia are not the same as those used in N. America. Or that there is not even a table for translating N. American to Aussie. After all, Lake Placid Blue is Lake Placid Blue no matter what side of the planet you live on. :D

BTW, trying to match color samples from the internet is not an exact science. Most of the internet resources I have browsed that supply pictures of paint chips say something like, "Because monitors vary, we suggest that the color chips you see on your screen be used as a reference only.

Edited by Southpa

Or contact DuPont with the N. American paint codes and ask them to provide you with the proper corresponding codes for Oz.

Definitely don't try to color match against something on your screen or printer. You will usually be off by a huge amount, unless you have color-corrected output devices, software, and correctly-encoded images.