Jazz Archtop

I decided in the spare time between other projects and work, when I've got a couple minutes to spare I'd start preparing for my ultimate build.... what I've been working up to since I started luthiery: a hollow body jazz style archtop guitar.

But I also figured I'd practise in $5 HD pine before I destroyed some quality wood.

So I hand jointed with a plane (poorly) some of said pine, and rough cut out a shape. And yes I know it looks squaty, cause it's only 15" across, yet the same length (20.75") as a Benedetto 17". But I never plan to USE this top (cause of the wood, poor joints, and general shape, and cause it's purely jsut for practise) so it's all good.

roughcut.jpg

Chris

Hey Chris, were you in my shop ? :D I did the same with pine for my archtop, I got as far as bending the sides and getting the hollow body assembled. But I stopped building to make a Flying Vee for my son (almost finished) and have 2 Teles in the works. The Jazzbox in on the back burner right now, but its for me so I dont mind. I will be a Blueburst ES175 style thinline. -Vinny

P1010475.jpg

Heres the Mold with the sides and kerf lining

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l154/Vin...32/P1010476.jpg

Edited by Vinny