Mann Les Paul

At my local pawn shop they have a really beat up Mann les paul. I tried researching the brand on the internet and all i found was that it was a lower level ibanez that ibanez had made for the canadian market from the early 70's till the early 80's. Its in really rough shape theres a tuner missing, the nut is broken, the frets are worn out, the electronics are all there but need replacing, the bridge is missing saddles. A perk is that it has a dimarzio pick up in the bridge position. Im all for fixing up this guitar. Can anyone give me some more info on this guitar, if its any good or even worth putting my money into it.

I worked on a Cimar LP copy for a friend.These were also closely tied to Ibanez.Body was plywood.If the body and neck are decent on yours(not plywood)and the price is reasonable could be worth it

The guitar in its current as is state is 50$ and weighs a lot so i think its made out of decent wood

Is it a setneck or a bolton? Seems like a lot for a guitar you'll have to rebuild completely. If it's just for the wood, you can buy/find better grade wood for the same and just build your own. Especially if it's a bolton.

You can buy brand new LP setneck copies for just a bit more than that these days. I'd buy a guitar like that only if I wanted to harvest it for parts. But it sounds like there aren't any parts worth salvaging.

well that ebay one is a bolt-on & looks like any other 70's-80's LP copy, cheap & not very cheerful. Most guitar copies in the 70's & 80's were dreadful & a lot of them came from the Ibanez factory. I expect that it weighs a lot because it is made from plywood, certainly not from the finest mahogany.

If you REALLY like it then get it but don't expect to make back the money that you'll spend on it.