First Lefty Proj.

• 3 weeks later...

almost finished...

did the wiring and thru the strings on cause i couldnt wait; its not set up yet; its missing an input cover, back plate, truss rod cover and strap buttons; i'll do those after my birthday hangover is gone! :D

IMG_0273.jpg

please feel free to visit my entirety of albums, more updates on the others to come; and the rest are for normal right handed payers! j/k :D

Nice looking bass. My handle on this forum might imply that I play left-handed but that is not the case. But I do most everything else left (or right) handed, even shooting darts. :D If I were to attempt a left-handed build I'm sure it would mess up my mind half the time. I guess I would just take all my templates and flip them. :D

Doing a lefty is one of them things that seems like it should be no more difficult untill you try it. I found on my first had i had to stare at everything twice as long and talk through where things should be on a normal guitar before cutting. My brain just seemed to really struggle in reverse. The stupidest thing i did was cut a right handed nut, i nearly got the markers on the wrong side as well but caught myself just before drilling.

I also broght a schaller roller bridge for it which unfortunately has different sized string grooves and couldnt easily be converted to lefthanded - something to be aware of which i hadnt considered!

well the hard parts; no template for remembering to put the side dots on the right side; having the electronics 'upside down'; and the most recent one was putting the strings on in reverse, which i hate because unwinding a string and restringing it is waiting for bad news!

the covers are b&w ebony and the knobs are tigerwood(?) there cheap at LMI;