Strat Scale Length

cole

Mark is absolutely SPOT ON with his reply. :D

Yes, the scale length is 25 1/2", but the DISTANCE BETWEEN THE NUT AND BRIDGE POSTS IS A DIFFERENT LENGTH. :D

The bridge posts do not always (if ever) sit even with the scale length, and even tho the scale length is always the same, where you position your bridge posts can, and does, vary from one bridge model to the next.

The SCALE LENGTH refers to the distance between NUT and SADDLES, but to get those saddles to that length, you will position your bridge posts according to what bridge you're using, this number will be different from bridge to bridge.

Like, when I'm doing a Floyd, the studs get marked out at 25", but the scale length is still 25 1/2".

Very keen on Marks' part to pick that up, I was scratching my head until I read his post, then I understood the question much better.

And typically, you'll really only get a perfect 25 1/2" between the nut and your HIGH E saddle, the rest will usually sit a little further back than that due to intonation adjustment. B)

And typically, you'll really only get a perfect 25 1/2" between the nut and your HIGH E saddle, the rest will usually sit a little further back than that due to intonation adjustment.

Thats the rule of thumb for ANY and ALL bridge setups, regardless of scale length. And make sure the first saddle is set a little forward of center before placing the bridge. That gives you ample room to set all the other saddles in the right place.