Need Help With Buzz

bluesdude

Guitars are often grounded through the strings...this is often frowned upon nowadays for several reasons, mainly because of how US electricity is supplied & the potential for electric shock. For more info look here: http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/index.php

If you still want to ground the strings a ground wire needs to be attached to the bridge. As most guitarists have contact with the strings most of the time it will remian quiet.....just like when you touched the control plate.

Re: (If you still want to ground the strings a ground wire needs to be attached to the bridge. As most guitarists have contact with the strings most of the time it will remian quiet.....just like when you touched the control plate.)

I used to have that problem- now I have the opposite. I have quiet until I touch the control plate.

I realize I may have to attach a ground wire from the control plate to the bridge. Is there another way?

This would require major surgery, also I tried attaching a ground from the plate to different components, but nothing seems to work.

erm.....don't touch the control plate :D:D

patient: "doctor, it hurts when i move my arm, like this."

doctor: "don't move your arm like that."

okay, now that we have that shiznit out of the way....

there a few things you should try.

a different guitar,

a different cable,

a different amp,

a different location.

while it is likely the problem is in your guitar, we need to rule out the other possibilities first, before we can go farther.

good luck,

unk