Stickers

• 2 weeks later...

i had fun with stickers once. my friend had a ton of them on his guitar, but they kept coming off and the corners would peel and all that kinda stuff, so he had me take it and paint all of them on where he wanted them. that was my first custom job i ever did, and it still looks awesome, two years later.

so if you want to get into this kinda stuff, paint them on.

i'm one of those messed up people that's not too concerned about quality of paint, but rather how it looks when it's done, but anyway, i always use some sort of automotive paint. i stick to mostly honda and hyundai, i'm not sure why, they just have the cooler color options and a lot of different candy coating things, and then i apply it the same was as the car, but i use a wood primer instead of a metal tinted primer. i use white (primer) for warm colors, grey for cool, and black for specials and black finishes.

no, i would just paint them on, 'cause i'm weird like that. and yes, it works on the pickgaurd, too. you have to rough it up a little bit (some really tough sandpaper) then smooth it again w/ primer before you paint, and that just makes sure the paint sticks.

i know, i'm the dumb one that won't put stickers on a guitar, but i'll paint 'em on anyday. i just like fine detailed paintjobs and love doing them myself.