First Kit Guitar

not using a kit would have been a bad idea.. I'm all thumbs!! The build up was enjoyable and I'm thinking that doing a bass using a Carvin kit is in my future.

I checked out the Grizzly kits and they look nice too, I may give one of them a shot.

Here is a link to a couple of riffs I put down using the GK1 (neck and bridge pickups) with a GNX3000 and a couple of it's presets. The distorted tone was fuzzy due to my PC's settings.. I'm working on that.

simple riffs

Edited by SCGoatMan

not using a kit would have been a bad idea.. I'm all thumbs!! The build up was enjoyable and I'm thinking that doing a bass using a Carvin kit is in my future.

I checked out the Grizzly kits and they look nice too, I may give one of them a shot.

Here is a link to a couple of riffs I put down using the GK1 (neck and bridge pickups) with a GNX3000 and a couple of it's presets. The distorted tone was fuzzy due to my PC's settings.. I'm working on that.

simple riffs

yeah those grizzly kits are some sweet stuff

my dad's friend gets kits from everywhere and builds them (martain, carvin, grizzly, ect...)

the grizzly kit w/ the Floyd is kickass it makes an GREAT guitar and is a GREAT deal

also goatman,

that looks like a pretty killer axe you made

just keep an eye on it or i might steal it (if there was a shifty eyed smile i'd put it here)

that kit makes a gorgeous that handles like a factory direct carvin

Carvin also has a lot of options that aren't necessarily listed on their website or in their catalog.

You can get the body made of swamp ash, alder, mahogany, koa (when they can get it, which is rarely these days), or walnut.

Necks are maple, mahogany, or koa. They'll also do 5-piece laminates of any of those.

You can choose from any of their headstocks (as well as an 80's pointy headstock if you call and ask), standard or reversed (or uncut so you can design your own). They'll also do headstock laminates in any of the woods I mentioned plus birdseye maple, flamed maple, quilted maple, and flamed koa.

Fretboards are maple, birdseye maple, ebony, or rosewood. Dot, block, or diamond inlays, in mother of pearl, abalone (or black plastic, for maple), or no inlays.

Any option you can get on a finished guitar, you can get on the kit. It's almost as fun to order it as it is to build it. :D

Here's mine, a close sibling of SCGoatMan's, but in swamp ash and with a Wilky.

bolt_t_after_1.jpg