Truss Rod Installation Details

I have one of these truss rods in a length of 17". I want to use it in a 25.5" scale neck with a locking nut.

I'm not sure where the block at headstock end is supposed to sit.

Do I place the adjustment nut under the locking nut, flush with the end of the fretboard?

I also assume that the flat part sits up, towards the fretboard.

Any help is appreciated.

Edited by guitar2005

Yes flat part up.

Seeing it is a locking nut I would flip the truss rod so the adjustment nut is accessable from the heel, but thats just me.

If you have it at the headstock end you want it close enough to the headstock so the the nut is readily accessable with an allen key. But far enough down so that a truss rod cover can cover the nut.

I personally dont like trussrod covers so I embed mine a bit farther down the neck so it has the access hole like a fender.

Sorry for the vague answer but many aspects of this is based on preference or specific application.

Most instructions say that the end block of the truss rod should end near the middle between nut and first fret. The exact location is not too critical, but you dont want that block under the nut itself.....