Vampyre Bass

Yeah, that looks amazing! Great stuff. I really like the carve, I can't wait to see the carve with a little finishing done to show it off. Also, just gotta say... you had me at ebony lining, lol. Everytime I do a laminate or joint I want to use a black veneer, I just love that contrast and yours turned out great. Nice stuff man, keep the pics coming!

Edited by jmrentis

Everyone thanks for the kind words, they are very appreciated. Now for an update. I have finished the head stock and sanded everything to 220, satined the entire bass a very light shade of brown, which made the grain rise. I then sanded the bass back so that the figure will pop a little more once its finished. I intended to spray sealer this weekend but the sealer that I ordered is on back order and it will not be shipped until the 16th. I am a little upset by this as I wanted to be finished with the project by the end of the month but I guess patience is a virtue. In the mean time I guess that I will make a truss rod cover and finish the electronics cavity cover. I will be sure to post more pics once the remaining items are finished.

Well I was getting bored so I decided to try making some volume and tone knobs with some of the scraps that I had left from the body. I also decided to put everything together for a photo op with my little boy. Below are some of the pics that we took.

DSCF00662.jpg

DSCF00652.jpg

DSCF00642.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

its up date time again. I recently received the sealer that I ordered and had a chance to spray the first coat of sealer. I then lightly sanded the fret board and installed the frets. Pictured below the frets have been filed to the edge of the fret board and and leveled. Some of the frets are rising a little on the ends and I am in the process of fixing those. Once I am done with that I will finish dressing the frets, finish setting the nut, sand out any imperfections and ensure that everything fits as advertised before I grain fill and shoot the second coat of sealer. Then its time for the Nitro. Please feel free to comment.

DSCF0087.jpg

Picture2.jpg

• 2 months later...