Info On Dean Firecrackle? Lol

JET240Z

:D My First Post!!! Cool site.....I've browsed around from time to time and decided to join.

2 days ago I bought a Dean Firecrackle at the local pawn shop for 107$.... they where asking 225$ :D

Its in decent shape, its got plenty of dings in the red and black crackle finish.

The neck single coil doesn't work, but the humbucker and the middle pickup work fine.

The Kahler style tremolo was made in Korea and is missing the Trem bar. Good look on finding replacement part...LOL

I bought it because its a interesting guitar to say the least....and I want to turn it into a flamethrower :D

Im going to take it to my local music store to get it looked at, hopefully it doesn't have any severe problems(truss rod/intonation).

If it gets a clean bill of health I want to put EMGz in it and replace the faux "Kahler" with a real Kahler. B)

The problem is I can't find any information on this guitar. I know that it was a Dean import in the 80's...

I was hoping that I could find a fellow owner who knows some information....

Thoughts anyone????

contact dave at www.fretsonthenet.com

last i looked on his site he had some kahler trem arms for a few models....they came on jacksons sometimes and he is big on the jackson hardware,among other things.

you will have to give him good info on the type of kahler though.is it a flatmount system or a "floyd style" system(kahler did both)..if it is a flatmount,you can get a new one (the 7300) at www.wammiusa.com...i recently bought two of them and they seem to be nice units,though they are not handmade like the 2300...but they AREmuch easier to get than the 2300

i THINK i remember the guitar you are talking about...when i first started wanting to buy a guitar and learn to play it(1985?)they were offering the dean firecrackle in the sears catalog...if i remember right the new price was about $250....so the pawn shop may have killed you a bit...BUT it is a very cool looking guitar....but then again like i said i have a soft spot for that guitar since i drooled over it do much back then..

good luck...take care of it