Totally Finished

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well ,here goes my first post on this forumn......I bet I can find a flaw in any guitar you build (JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T THINK IT IS ONE, IT COULD BE TO ME) so why don't you go out and burn all your guitars and save any normal person the embaressment of buying or owning sub par guitars.Shock value does not work on me and that is truely all this is....

why don't you go out and burn all your guitars and save any normal person the embaressment of buying or owning sub par guitars.

One flaw I spotted here is that you assume people are going to sell their creations. To be that good so you can make a living at being a luthier, your stuff had better be better than 99% of shop bought axes out there. Most of us here are amatuers or hobbiests (is that even a word?) We build for ourselves, not others, (unless its specifically for customers - Friends dont count). Besides, I bet the person who builds it could probably find more flaws in their own work than you can!

At the end of the day (apart from being really dark) its down to the owner what they do with it. As an example, one guy here in the UK won £6.5Million, blew it on drugs, women and buying old cars which he then raced around a field till he got bored and then set them on fire. We may all think "What a waste!" but thats his business. We may have an opinion on how pointless it was him winning the money just to waste it, but its his to do with what he will.

Quite why people get SOOOOO worked up over this is beyond me.

why don't you go out and burn all your guitars and save any normal person the embaressment of buying or owning sub par guitars.

One flaw I spotted here is that you assume people are going to sell their creations. To be that good so you can make a living at being a luthier, your stuff had better be better than 99% of shop bought axes out there. Most of us here are amatuers or hobbiests (is that even a word?) We build for ourselves, not others, (unless its specifically for customers - Friends dont count). Besides, I bet the person who builds it could probably find more flaws in their own work than you can!

At the end of the day (apart from being really dark) its down to the owner what they do with it. As an example, one guy here in the UK won £6.5Million, blew it on drugs, women and buying old cars which he then raced around a field till he got bored and then set them on fire. We may all think "What a waste!" but thats his business. We may have an opinion on how pointless it was him winning the money just to waste it, but its his to do with what he will.

Quite why people get SOOOOO worked up over this is beyond me.

I'am not all that worked up as you say...it is just people don't seem to care.I've worked for everything I have ever got,so a little ding or whoops does not bother me.Sometimes it is the imperfection that makes some things so special.I just feel if someone needs to be perfect,nothing they make or build will pass .So just burn them all.I agree with you what someone does with their stuff is totally up to them.I would rather they cut them up and give away the parts to someone not so picky.But what the hey...Rave on Brother Rave on.

I would like to show you a couple of guitars I designed,and had put together http://www.siegmundguitars.com/custom.html go to this web site ,click on custom and scroll down, the snake gutiar ,amp and case is mine and the green tele is mine ,it is hand painted,you can not miss them.Chris is a really cool guy and gave me the nerve to build one on my own.You will see why I have a little passion for guitars.A lot of the guitars being built are copies of what is on the market,and I know my strat and tele are too,but they have a little more flare.IMO.....And no I will not burn them.

I would like to show you a couple of guitars I designed,and had put together http://www.siegmundguitars.com/custom.html go to this web site ,click on custom and scroll down, the snake gutiar ,amp and case is mine and the green tele is mine ,it is hand painted,you can not miss them.Chris is a really cool guy and gave me the nerve to build one on my own.You will see why I have a little passion for guitars.A lot of the guitars being built are copies of what is on the market,and I know my strat and tele are too,but they have a little more flare.IMO.....And no I will not burn them.

Why would you burn them? If they are yours and you like them no matter what, saying something like that is just adding fuel to the (almost literal) fire. If someone finds their creation flawed and dislikes it, they can do with it as they please. We have no right to impose ourselves upon others. This constant war that has spread throughout most of the PG forum is making me sick. People have the freedom to do what they want with their work, some might want to chop it up and reuse it, others might strip all the parts off and send the body to some kid who needs the practice. BUT there are no set guidelines for this and what someone SHOULD do and what they WANT to do are two totally different things. No one has to give their flawed creation to some upstart builder, or reuse it for their next one or something. If they do, great, if they want to destroy/ burn it, so what?

I think I can understand the release and comfort given when you destroy a project that has failed to meet what you wanted to get out of it. Sure, a new builder seeing the results of a WOD/ guitar burning might be confused or distraught by it. Maybe some sort of disclaimer is in order for a thread of WOD picture, or maybe they shouldn't be allowed, but I think that should be up to the builder.

Can we please stop this childish argument and return to building? No more hostility, let's go with :D . Personally if I had just joined this board, and saw the angry and despicable fighting going on between PG members and I saw the WOD pics, which do you think would make me more prone to leave PG or dislike the forum in general? I think the fighting.

Thanks guys.