Bridge Humbucker Position

hey, probably a stupid questions(like the rest of mine) but where should i place the bridge humbucker so that i can get alot of harmonics i heard something about it should be at the 48th fret position or something and does the bridge your using change anything, im planning on putting a floyd rose in if that helps, thanks :D

The great thing about guitar building is that so long as you get the scale length and frets down, everything else is up to you :D

BUT to answer your question, wherever you think fits is a fine place. Pick up a guitar that you really like the sound of the bridge position, and take a quick measurement. The pickup locations for my project are based on my old guitar. One of the main things (unfortunately?) about guitar building is that if it's still workin' for ya, don't change it! I'd go to a store and pick up a Floyd-equipped guitar and fool around with it to see what you think. Take some measurements.

I've seen guitars with only middle pickups. I saw a bass today with a swiveling pickup! It's all up to you, I don't think there's a "golden rule" for pickup placement.

As for the 48rd fret rule, I think you'd be stacking frets on top of frets at that point :D

On a different note, I'm wondering what a guitar with 48 frets, in quarter steps, would sound like. Like a sitar, or some such. I think it'd be pretty cool, and you could play with a metal slide for CRAAAAZINESS!!